Grant steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balsam12

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking to buy a grant 714 steering wheel for my 1998 Silverado. Has anyone installed one with an air bag? Can it be done ? Also anyone know adapter kit number ?

Having issues finding info on this

Thanks!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Grant isn't known for offering wheels that will fit airbag trucks; they've sided with the "we don't want the liability" approach. There are a number of other aftermarket wheels out there that have hub kits that will work for 1995-up GMT400's. The main issue they have to solve is spacing the wheel far enough from the column that you aren't constantly hitting the turn signal stalk while turning the wheel. If you try the Grant wheel with their aluminum adapter meant for 1994-older columns, it will physically bolt up, but you'll have to trim the protruding edge from the plastic clamshell on the 1995-up column, and the wheel will be too close to the turn signal stalk.

Richard

Reaction score
I have the Grant le mans Mahogany wheel in my 1997.
no airbag so its not legal to do, but I've never been given any grief about it.
install was fairly strait forward, the Horn button itself is messed up and needs to be pressed in a special way to activate the horn

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would hate to regret swapping the wheel after getting hit head on by someone texting. You couldn't pass safety inspection with an airbag light in this state anyway