Good Scanner to Use??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve finally decided after recent issues to get a scanner for my TBI 350 to read live data. Has anyone tried Innova 3170RS? It’s for obd1 and 2 and it’s available in store near by to me. Has anyone tried this scanner? Would it be able to read live obd1 data?

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Says it'll read live data...
Only thing that gives me pause is that when it says to enter your vehicle to see what features it offers for yours, the dates start at 1996...
Never used it so can't say...

Attachments

• ins1.jpg
    ins1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 6

Nick88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says it'll read live data...
Only thing that gives me pause is that when it says to enter your vehicle to see what features it offers for yours, the dates start at 1996...
Never used it so can't say...
Autozone site says it has adapters for obd1 1981-1995, I just hope it can read live data obd1

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the OBD 1 adapters for my Snap on Solus Edge. It is still pretty limited. To be honest see if you can find the GM Tech setup used far better off

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve finally decided after recent issues to get a scanner for my TBI 350 to read live data. Has anyone tried Innova 3170RS? It’s for obd1 and 2 and it’s available in store near by to me. Has anyone tried this scanner? Would it be able to read live obd1 data?
Download TunerPro RT,buy a cord and save yourself some serious denero.
What year OBD1 are you dealing with?

Nick88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Download TunerPro RT,buy a cord and save yourself some serious denero.
What year OBD1 are you dealing with?
1988 OBD1, I bought the Innova but returned it because no live data, but it said I have 11 codes (I don’t have SES on or any codes by jumping the ab), plugged it into an 87 and the 87 had 8 codes, the only codes that weren’t shared were 41, 42, and 51 but I’m pretty sure the 51 disappeared off mine when I rechecked.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think TunerPro will read codes. I was messing with it a couple weeks ago and a screen popped up with a list of codes but at the time I didn't have it plugged into the truck so of course none were checked. The SES light on my has only came on once and that was because I tried to fool the EGR.

Turboturro

Reaction score
I bought an Innova 5512 and it will read codes on my 94 but doesn't support live data.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TunerPro RT will, in fact, read codes...
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought my cable from OBD Diagnostics.