Good morning guys and gals!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avi8or68

Reaction score
Well, I wanted to take an opportunity to finally say hello. After months of creeping without being a member, and a few weeks after signing up, I felt it was finally time for greetings. I stumbled upon the forum while daydreaming one day and have really enjoyed reading (ya'll's) posts, and have learned plenty as well.

TL/DR: I made a poor decision, hilarity ensues, but I'll have a lot of content as work progresses!

Long story short: My first truck was a '95 C1500 RCSB (I've even deciphered some of the shorthand) 5.0, 5 speed manual, and I loved it. Maybe a bit too much, but that's ok. It got me through three jobs and two moves, which combined, were just about as cross country as you can get. The A/C had gone out, but I had made it to Alaska, where that's not quite as important. When it came time to move back to the lower 48, the costs of getting it back to the mainland, repairs needed, and a longer commute meant that it was time for a "new" vehicle. So, I sold it to a co-worker for $500 and left heartbroken.

Here she is on the last day I owned her:
You must be registered for see images attach

Fast forward a few years, and I found myself constantly thinking "I should call that guy and see if he'd sell it back to me." Well, enough is enough. I decided to find one a bit closer and buy it. That decision marks the moment that I have proof positive that being an "adult," doesn't mean you always make adult decisions. Because, oh, I found one, and did I ever buy it.

And here it is a '98 RCSB K1500 5.7 5 speed.

Did I know it had some issues, sure. The interior was kind of a mess, but I can fix that a little at a time. Was the throw out bearing making a little noise, you betcha, nothing a new clutch kit couldn't fix. Exterior trim, well, I can find some more later. So I let emotions take over and threw my money at the guy. Now, at this very moment, it's in MY driveway, it's MINE and, for the last three weeks, its been up on MY four new jack stands! This is probably too long for an introduction, but wanted y'all to laugh along with me.

So, here's why:

But, at least Santa has been making a few trips to my house from his Big Boy Toy Shop

That's enough for now, I'm sure there's a better place than this for me to drivel on. Hope everyone's having a good week so far!

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Wow talk about clutch failure. Good luck with the new ride and keep us posted.

Avi8or68

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Wow talk about clutch failure. Good luck with the new ride and keep us posted.

Thanks, glad to be here! I've never personally encountered something that catastrophic, but, lessons learned.

Will do, it may take a while because I've been waiting about three weeks for a third party vendor to ship out the new bellhousing. Not sure how everyone else with the NV3500 goes about things, but getting just the bellhouse is turning out to be quite a thorn in my side. Apparently no-one around here drives a stick shift any more either, because I've even spent a day at the scrap yard and couldn't find a single compatible vehicle with manual shift.