GMT400 Lift Guide

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by JohnnyRingo, Dec 7, 2009.

1. drewcrew

drewcrew I'm Awesome

16Raptor likes this.
  2. 98silveraydo

98silveraydo I'm Awesome

So what is the best way to lift a 4x4 3 inch's? I know there's the body lift but if I can do suspension, I wanna do suspension but I don't want to mess all my front end up.

3. TylerZ281500

TylerZ281500 Yukon Ridin High

body lift
    4 is minimum suspension without getting goofy crap angles and such. need a full drop kit

4. 98silveraydo

98silveraydo I'm Awesome

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  5. slowburb

slowburb all motor

Unnecessary useless parts aimed at unaware buyers who don't know that the factory torsion bar keys will apply enough preload to the torsion bars to lift the front of the truck until it hits the droop stops. Since you're now in the know, you know that you can do for free with your factory parts exactly what these keys do for $239 plus tax/shipping.

6. 98silveraydo

98silveraydo I'm Awesome

well okay, still learning:Pshyco:

7. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

Why not a decranked 4" lift?

Project400 likes this.
  8. v8roush

v8roush Newbie

Hi

I have a same question. I just bought a 99 4wd Burb and I am thinking about 6" RoughCountry lift kit. But....I'd like to use a Suburban as daily driver here in Poland, lot of traffic in the city and lot of motorways. So my question is about handling when lifted. Are any problems for driving at motorways 85-90 mph or cornering in cities?

regards

9. aleebee156

aleebee156 I'm Awesome

Hey, so I haven't lifted my truck yet. Honestly, I am happy that i haven't. The truck is running really good and driving well and doing everything for me that I want. Very happy with it. For me, it comes down to $. Im in grad school right now and if my truck breaks down on me I don't have much extra cash right now to get it back up and running. So, for me, when I graduate and start making real money again Im going to dive more into the projects on the truck. Right now Im just keeping it running solid so I feel that I have a reliable vehicle. So if you have the spare cash to throw at your Burb, AND have the savings and cash to throw at it if something breaks then I say go for it. Also, if you lift it, make sure you do it right, spend the extra for quality parts etc. Otherwise you'll just get into an even bigger money pit when everything starts breaking on you.

Also, why 85-90mph... drive slower bro. its a suburban, not a Camaro.

10. slowburb

slowburb all motor

Daily driven. Rolls 80-90 like a machine. Just don't get your hopes up for the mpg's.

*Specs in signature below
    20160105_135927.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    89RCLB likes this.