GM Crate Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Stem seals on the exhaust valves, eh?
When did you notice your engine first started to burn oil? At how many miles did you end up replacing the exhaust stem seals? You ever replace the intake side?

I never replaced the intake side. The exhaust did not
come with any.

You're better off just rebuilding a GMT400. I don't like new vehicles either, nothing about them appeals to me. If it's got more than one camshaft, I don't want it.

Reaction score
Stem seals on the exhaust valves, eh?
When did you notice your engine first started to burn oil? At how many miles did you end up replacing the exhaust stem seals? You ever replace the intake side?

You're better off just rebuilding a GMT400. I don't like new vehicles either, nothing about them appeals to me. If it's got more than one camshaft, I don't want it.

It used 2 quarts of oil in 3000 miles at the first oil change and the same thing at the second and third . I put valve stem seals on the exhaust valves at about 10 thousand miles oil usage dropped to between a between 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart. I could live with that.