Gm crate engine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGS00

Reaction score
I had originally thought about doing a supercharger with my 00 CCSB 5.7 but had a brain wave recently . Figured I could probably get a new crate engine for cheaper the a super charger..... I know gm makes a more powerful 350 but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with it?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
crate engines are like 3k, superchargers i thought were cheaper than that, doing a whole swap with a sc will be about 3k though for a vortec id think if oyu add up everything. i say this in all the crate engine threads but i strongly dislike them, id research and build my own for even more value than your two options for the purpose of the truck if you have the knowledge.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished installing my second GM crate engine. Having good luck with them both. 1st install now has over 300K on it.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Had to hijack the thread but where do you guys buy yours? I've looked at crate engine depot and they seem pretty good.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you say crate engine, are you talking about a long block that you have to add stuff too, or is it a complete drop-in engine?

Last edited:

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is a complete replacement. Intake to oil pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk