GAUGE PODS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Got one? What gauges are you running? Best places to buy from? Tell us the whole story, all details welcome!

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 2 gauge pod on the a-pillar. Run autometer gauges, one trans temp and one cheap fuel/air ratio gauge. Had issues with first trans temp gauge fogging up at times, new one seems no problem. The air/fuel gauge was more less just to fill the hole, neat to watch I guess.
You must be registered for see images attach

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
What would be the best gauges to run?

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ideally...if I could have 3, I would have an A/F Wideband, one of the interceptors I posted (since it will tell water temp, oil pressure, fuel trims, maf counts, etc), and one tranny temp gauge.

When you say "best gauge", do you mean type of brand? No sure....

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Type. I have been told to run more gauges because of the limited selection on the stock dash but no one really goes into detail about which ones are most important and why. Im a beginner!

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would defintly go with a trans temp gauge. Great to have if do any towing, even good to have for everyday driving as high temps are hard on a transmission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Type. I have been told to run more gauges because of the limited selection on the stock dash but no one really goes into detail about which ones are most important and why. Im a beginner!

The selection is not too bad on a stock dash...it is just that they are not accurate. Just get some autometer gauges. For something basic I would get water temp, trans fluid temp, fuel pressure, and a wideband. Should tell you mostly everything you need and help you diagnose any future problems you might have since they would be more accurate than stock.

Reaction score
I have a dual gauge pod with a trans. temp and diff. temp. gauge. Both are Autometer. I found the best price at autopartsdealer.com, I called Summit racing because they will beat any national advertised price. The salesman took about 10 minutes to verify the other guys were legit and he beat there price. Summit has always done me right and they are extremely fast shippers. Im tossin the idea around of changing to a 3 pod and adding another diff. gauge for the rearend. Just a thought.....