Fuel Starvation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCC2500SLX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking I should mention the new fuel sending unit assembly I put in the early 94 Z71 to get it running is a spectre premium part, sold by Amazon,rock auto,eBay, and several parts stores,I've often wondered about this as well so my backup is ep386 ac Delco service replacement fuel pump kit..new in box

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to stay away from orottens orielys . too many crappy parts.
It's no better at Carquest, Advance, NAPA, etc.

Too many parts are just junk from Communist China. It's the same everywhere because they all source from the same companies, who have outsourced their product to the dirtbag low-bidder.

iBlameADHD

Reaction score
I have a 91 K1500 RCSB with a 350 and a 5 speed. Last week it started stumbling and stalling. No codes. So I assumed the fuel pump was failing. I replaced it and the filter. It ran good until yesterday. About 700 miles on the new pump and filter. It started loosing power like it was starving for fuel. I got a CEL with codes 24 and 44. It can't rev above 2300prms. I shut it off at a gas station and tried again after a few minutes and it ran good for about 20 miles. It then ran good for another 20 miles or so. I repeated this until I got home. about 130 miles total. I went through the TBI about a year ago with new filters on the injectors. But did not replace them. Should I be thinking the fuel pump relay? Maybe injectors? I plan on testing the fuel pressure this weekend. But It ran good for the the twenty miles each time. Any help would be appreciated.
check to see if your truck has a hot cycle fuel module (small black box w/ 3-4 wires) behind glove box close to ecm.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check to see if your truck has a hot cycle fuel module (small black box w/ 3-4 wires) behind glove box close to ecm.
Turns out is was a bad fuel pump. I replaced it with a Delphi and it’s ran great for 2 years now.