Fuel spider replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a good how to on replacing?

galaxy s3

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there are some vids on youtube, you can do it without removing the distributor which some people say you have to take it out,I can swap one out in an hour back together and running. the first one I did was around 2 hrs and that was no experience doing one

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did this to my Hoe last weekend. Took about 3 hours total. I watched a couple videos on youtube to get familiar with the details of the job before diving into it. It wasnt a hard job at all. Worse part about it is leaning, sitting, kneeling, etc in the engine compartment to do the job. I bought the Delphi unit on Amazon and it came with everything needed to do the job. I did not replace the mounting bracket.

Be very careful when removing connectors because the plastic is very brittle. Also be careful removing the two fuel lines. You do not want to break the O rings on the lines. I would actually look into new replacements before you start the job. Local parts store may have them.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So no good how tos? I dont mind doing it I just like a step by step lol

galaxy s3

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't undo the A/C lines,only the electrical connectors.Remove the mounting bolts for the compressor then ''lay'' it over on the coolant recovery bottle.

Albertcriss

Reaction score
I was having poor performance all around, I had already done all the ignition stuff, replacing the fuel spider did not fix it. Turned out to be the MAF.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't mess with my A/C compressor at all. I also did not remove any coolant lines.

If you want a step by step set of instructions then look for the videos on YouTube. It don't get any easier than that.

Sent from my piece of crap iPhone using Tapatalk

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
So no good how tos? I dont mind doing it I just like a step by step lol

galaxy s3

I used this one 2 pull the lower intake manifold, its step by step and he takes off just what you need to. once you get to the point of pulling lower intake manifold, the upper is ready as well to pull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUMtF034kE

this is for the spider injector assembly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcyw3IVX1Wc

I like this guy hes straight forward professional dude no Bull:poop:

Also A guy on the forum did the lower intake manifold and yanked the upper, pretty good read. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?118-Intake-Gasket-Replacement

He's got install videos too I haven't gotten to it yet.