Forged Lower Control Arm, Screw-In Ball Joint Mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question 1:
Has anyone here performed or attempted to modify the HD K2500/K3500 forged lower control arms to accept Chrysler-style screw-in ball joints? (Stock GM = Press Fit).

Question 2:
If so, what problems did you find, which ball joint had the correct geometry? (Keep in mind folks, there are tons of special versions).

I did score a good set, but being that Press-Fit parts have limited re-use capability and the retainment surface can wear out from rough roads, finding a long-term solution for re-use is a much smarter option that hoping to find another servicable set down the road or swapping back to the stamped crap.

Also, this truck isnt an offroad warrior, but I am rebuilding to be more durable, and with all the bits GM "Should" have included in the "Z71 Offroad" pkg from their parts bin...

jmcguire525

Reaction score
Question 1:
Has anyone here performed or attempted to modify the HD K2500/K3500 forged lower control arms to accept Chrysler-style screw-in ball joints? (Stock GM = Press Fit).

Question 2:
If so, what problems did you find, which ball joint had the correct geometry? (Keep in mind folks, there are tons of special versions).

I did score a good set, but being that Press-Fit parts have limited re-use capability and the retainment surface can wear out from rough roads, finding a long-term solution for re-use is a much smarter option that hoping to find another servicable set down the road or swapping back to the stamped crap.

Also, this truck isnt an offroad warrior, but I am rebuilding to be more durable, and with all the bits GM "Should" have included in the "Z71 Offroad" pkg from their parts bin...

Did you ever find a solution for this?