flooding and bogging for a second when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
first off, its like my name
96 1500 with a 5.7

Now, the problem; When I start it from cold, it idles MAYBE at 1050. I'm talkin 30 degrees and it idles like that. At first I though it was a temp sensor from the research I did. Replaced it. Nothin.
Other symptoms; It EATS gas, stumbles/bogs down/hesitates when I accelerate from stop, when at a stoplight sometimes at idle it will almost miss but it doesn't.

I took off the air intake and I looked inside of the whole manifold. It smelled of gas. I couldn't see any pooled fuel but it smelled like it.

The weird part. NO CEL.

Before I go about replacing parts I thought I would see what you guys would say.
Now, It has power when I floor it. More then when I first got her. So I am guessing she is running really rich.
I recently replaced the CTS, Serpentine belt and the coolant fan clutch. I haven't replaced any more parts yet.

I am thinking it could be the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Or possibly Just needs a cap and rotor.
What do you guys think? Everytime I start pricing stuff it gets way to expensive way to fast even though I work for O'Reilly's.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
its either the temp sensor on the manifold, or the one on the head, doe it have any stored codes? a tuneup would help aif you havent done one in a long time but it may not cure your issue.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I would say possably fuel pressure regulator or even maybe out of time, if you have a fuel pressure gauge you can atleast see what the fuel pressure is

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
i thought if the regulator was going out it would run leaner?

Usually if the regulator goes bad it will cut the fuel supply but maybe it is allowing more flow? Thats why i mentioned timing cause if it advanced it could cause it to run rich