fitting tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I hope this is in the right section. So on my truck I discovered I have spaces on the front and rear. I have 315/75/r16 pro-comp Xtreme AT's, and a 3 inch body lift. Does anyone know if I could pull the spacers and if they would rub? If they rub a little and I have to trim that'd be fine. I figure if I pull them and they don't rub that would look better because right now my tires stick out from the bed(Since i don't have flares) and my front does have flares, and it just looks like :dancingpoop: . Thanks

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
If they are just wheel spacers pull them off and find out. By the way how do you like those Pro Comps ?

I'm gonna pull them tomorrow and check. A quick visual inspection with a tape measure reveals them to be 2 inch. they don't look like they'll rub anything at max turn though. And i'm loving them I used to have Wild country radial MTX's in the same size, and they howled like a MF'er on the highway. These are much quieter, and ride much smoother. Plus the 50K warranty is pretty sweet. And they still look pretty aggressive too, thats what stopped me from getting something like Cooper AT3, is that I still want my truck to look/perform like the mud truck it was while still be a highway warrior during the week.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna pull them tomorrow and check. A quick visual inspection with a tape measure reveals them to be 2 inch. they don't look like they'll rub anything at max turn though. And i'm loving them I used to have Wild country radial MTX's in the same size, and they howled like a MF'er on the highway. These are much quieter, and ride much smoother. Plus the 50K warranty is pretty sweet. And they still look pretty aggressive too, thats what stopped me from getting something like Cooper AT3, is that I still want my truck to look/perform like the mud truck it was while still be a highway warrior during the week.

I am considering buying a set but was concerned about the weight and them be E rated , my truck is just a 2wd street queen.. I'm just running 285 nitto TG but want something wider like 305

Last edited:

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
I am considering buying a set but was concerned about the weight and them be E rated , my truck is just a 2wd street queen.. right I'm just running 285 nitto TG but want something wider like 305

So far I've put about 1000 miles on mine, and maybe half of that was pulling a trailer or hauling something. The weight didn't concern me to much, but I see where you could worry about that. My last tires were load range C and they didn't like trailers(Which I pulled just about every day as a roofer) so I like the E rating.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I am considering buying a set but was concerned about the weight and them be E rated , my truck is just a 2wd street queen.. right I'm just running 285 nitto TG but want something wider like 305

If you want a good all terrain tire look at falken wildpeaks

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I've put about 1000 miles on mine, and maybe half of that was pulling a trailer or hauling something. The weight didn't concern me to much, but I see where you could worry about that. My last tires were load range C and they didn't like trailers(Which I pulled just about every day as a roofer) so I like the E rating.

I'm running a P rated tire and it's kinda floaty if you know what I mean, I'm looking forward to a stiffer sidewall.

If you want a good all terrain tire look at falken wildpeaks

been there done that, I liked them . Also a tire I'm considering.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I'm running a P rated tire and it's kinda floaty if you know what I mean, I'm looking forward to a stiffer sidewall.

been there done that, I liked them . Also a tire I'm considering.

Discount tire direct has a good price on them