Few simple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeyOhhh

Reaction score
I bought what i thought was a 2'' spindle lift off of craigslist but after running the numbers on it found out it was a 4'' by fabtech. Now i have no problem with that but seeing as that is a little more drastic than a 2'' i had a few questions. I've already checked and the spindles do fit my make and model truck. I have a 95 2wd gmc long bed 350 5.7 TBI.

1. I'm planning on buying some rancho shocks as the weren't included with the spindles and they are somewhat cheap, but are these completely necessary?

2. for the short time that i'll be waiting for a paycheck will stock rims be okay with this particular lift. I wasn't able to find anything that definitively told me yes or no on these forums or any other source on the web.

3. i also did not receive the lift blocks for the back. the ones that are normally included in the kit are 3, but i think that will put the factory rake, or close to factory rake, back in the truck and i'd like it to be level. i haven't measured to see the exact lift the back would need but my buddy and i think it would only need 2'' blocks.

I've been a long time GM lover, but this is my first GM vehicle and i love it. I'd really like to do everything right so any suggestions or hints would be helpful. Thanks for any advice and tips.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
With the stock 15's, I'd check the clearance of the upper control arm to the wheel. It may be O.K., but the wheel weights that are the type that are clipped onto the edges may hit the control arm. Probably have to change to the stick-on type of weights that fit inside the wheel.

JoeyOhhh

Reaction score
Appreciate the input, the stock wheels are working for now until i can upgrade. Another quick question though. As expected i do need a front end alignment, it's pretty bad. The toe is my main concern, and i'm weary of driving it even a couple miles to get an alignment. For toe i need to adjust the tie rods correct? Any simple advice on how to get it as drive-able as possible? The shop i use is maybe 3 miles away from where the truck is parked.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
With the stock 15's, I'd check the clearance of the upper control arm to the wheel. It may be O.K., but the wheel weights that are the type that are clipped onto the edges may hit the control arm. Probably have to change to the stick-on type of weights that fit inside the wheel.

Also, on the trucks with HD brakes, the only stick on weight you can use is the ultra low profile 1/8 and 1/4 ounce ones. There is very, very little room between the brake line and wheel and what will happen is the weight will cut the brake line. I did this to a customers truck about 2 years ago(his was an 01 4x4 with 16s) and was grateful that he caught it before he hit the highway. The inboard weight I used was 1/2 ounce truck weight and avout 1/4" tall. I replaced his brake line and replaced the wheel weight with low profile 1/4 ounce pieces in a 3 wide by 2 tall pattern(3s2p). I had only a 3 wide row(3s1p) with the 1/2 ounce weights. This is the reason most shops are going to install clip on weight rather than stick on.