Factory Steelies & Hubcap Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Hey all!

So I love the look of the factory steel wheels, when painted as the factory intended, some sort of argent gray with the factory hub caps & bright trim rings. My question is, were these ever available for 4x4 halfton trucks? I've never seen them before aside from the steel wheel spare I've got but that says nothing about the availability of the hub caps and trim rings. I'm also slightly concerned that in six lug form they might not look as appealing as they do in five lug form. Has anybody ever seen them? Anybody have pics?
You must be registered for see images attach

Disclaimer: Not sure if this belongs here or under axles & brakes but since it said "All the shiny outside parts..." here it is :D
Pic was lifted from mattbrat004 and the lower left appears to be the factory color and the hubcaps are the ones I'm thinking of but the trim rings aren't pictured. These seem to be the later wheels though with the rectangular vents, I'd like the earlier ones with the "D" vent in them. Please tell me they exist for 4x4 1/2 ton trucks haha.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Sure did! This is the only factory steel wheel they offered with the trim rings. Used the with chrome or black centers, with or without trim rings. Depending on the the options the truck was equipped with.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Sweet!
Any idea if they made them with the "D" type vents? I'd like to run those if possible but the rectangular ones like you pictured would do just fine. I think they would look better on my truck than the factory aluminum ones currently on it...

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Sweet!
Any idea if they made them with the "D" type vents? I'd like to run those if possible but the rectangular ones like you pictured would do just fine. I think they would look better on my truck than the factory aluminum ones currently on it...
They offered these on the light duty c2500's. They might work on the 4x4. I know they won't work the other way around. I tried to put some factory aluminum z71 wheels on a LD c2500 and they would go on but rubbed. The offset is different.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the info, Jay!

I'd love to find a set as nice as what you've got pictured. Good looking steel wheels in a salt state though? not likely..

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
In Kentucky maybe, not by me haha. You peeps with your low salt exposure need to spend about 4-8 years up where the salt flies damn near 7 months of the year to fully appreciate how good you have it :D