factory REAR sway bar frame mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V10nacuda

Reaction score
New to the lifted GM truck scene. I bought a 96 tahoe two door in my sig .
i bought a junkyard swaybar and want to install it on the non rear swaybar tahoe.
How about some pics of the frame to end link attachment.
or some part #s for the bracket, i havent had much luck locating just the frame mounts.

Thanks
V10

V10nacuda

Reaction score
Will taking a heavy piece of angle iron work??
I saw a partial pic of one someone made and it just looks like an "L".. or do the mounts need to two sided so the bolt goes through the bracket, bushing snd again the bracket??

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
This is one we made for an aftermarket bar on my '98. Was originally pieces of angle with 2 slots in them. We cut off the corners & got these kinda evil looking mounts. Had to drill the holes for the end links, plus the bracket to frame bolt holes & the mounting holes in the frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

The hole in the mount between the mounting holes is to allow the bracket to sit over top of the big rivet there in the frame. I'm kinda iffy on this mount though. Just being held on one side makes me wonder, so every now & then (when the truck was on the road!) I'd pull that bolt to check for wear &/or straightness. Although I pushed the truck pretty hard in the year that this was on the truck, I never found a prob with it. Still, I prefer the mount like the factory style that holds both sides of the upright & bolt.

This is a factory bar & mount that was made to fit my '97. It sits a bit too far forward, as the upright is supposed to be just that. Upright. It need to be moved back a bit in order for the link to be straight up & down. Not gonna drill new holes in the frame. Just gonna slot the holes in the mount. I also used the factory nuts & bolts for the mount. The nuts are specific. They have a tab on them that locks them against the frame.

Shows how I mounted the bar to the rear end housing. 3" muffler clamps. This pic shows it with the regular 3" clamps. Since this pic, I've swapped those clamps for 3" heavy duty ones. They're longer & a made outa heavier gauge.

Last edited:

V10nacuda

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.. It always nice to recycle parts like that. I just happen to have some 3" stainless clamps i just removed from the truck when I readjusted the previous owners muffler and tail pipe install. So the only parts I will have to buy is longer bushing rods.