Factory radio help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know most people want to keep their "Factory" look ... but its soo much easier to take out everything Audio in the dash and go Aftermarket ...

Reaction score
I know most people want to keep their "Factory" look ... but its soo much easier to take out everything Audio in the dash and go Aftermarket ...

And also makes you an easier target for thieves. Sorry, but I like my truck too much to bother with aftermarket crap that looks tacky.

How did you modify the box for aux input?

There's 4 or 5 circuits you have to tap in to..If I get some time, I will make a how-to thread. The way I do it, there's no switch in between, don't have to have a CD (or cassette, but since I have a factory CD deck) in, just plug in and go.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
aftermarket crap that looks tacky.
I have an alarm system on my truck ... If you value yours as much as I do, then you should have one too ...
And I do not have anything aftermarket thats crap and looks tacky ... My system has won me a car audio championship several times ... TYVM ...

Sorry if I wasted you time ******* ...

Reaction score
I do have a factory alarm that works with the keyless entry. But let me ask you, if you hear one go off and it's not yours, do you care? Didn't think so.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know if my alarm goes off, I get a text on my phone ... I don't care about anyone elses, unless they are friends of mine, then I take the situation VERY sreiously ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, thought so...And I doubt anyone else a rats ass about your crap when it gets stolen.
WTF dude ?? why are you jumping my ass because I suggested a aftermarket headunit ?? One more like this and I will report you to the moderators ...

You do what you want to your truck ... but when you come on to a forum like this, you have to accept all suggestions ... Its in the rules you were suppost to read when you joined ...

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ya'll both just **** and quit calling each other assholes and saying people's stuff is crap..........yes that needed said before it got so thick that i had to get my waders out.

Back on topic, I'm glad ya figured out your brain box issue, it could've been that the brain box just was on it's way out and decided to do so when you hooked the power back to it, like it shocked it maybe. I know I popped a voltage regulator on a new alt just by hooking the battery cable back up.....**** happens, glad ya got her figured out.

Reaction score
Okay, I get **** on because he called me an *******? I NEVER called him an ******* and I already reported his post because it was an unwarranted personal attack. He gets all butthurt because i point out the obvious? Some people, like myself, don't care for aftermarket systems, I don't have a problem with them but when someone tells someone else to get one because the factory is crap, it gets a burr in my shorts because there are people out there that prefer the factory look.

Ignore list +1...

Status
Not open for further replies.