Exhaust fogging rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Case182

Reaction score
Just had a new muffler installed today on my RCSB. On my drive home I noticed the outside of my back window was fogging up. It happens to be pouring rain and 40ish outside also. My old muffler was the stock one which had a heat shield on it. The new one is just a cherry Bomb Vortex. Is this just from the heat rising up?

Edit: Also just noticed theres a bit of smoke from the exhaust that wasnt there before the install. Just from burning paint or oil from manufacturing?

Last edited:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Slight smoke is Normal with new mufflers, especially ones with fiberglass packing like the vortex. And yes, the back glass is going to fog up when water hits the mufflers. Nature of the beast. You could probably fashion up a heat shield of some sort though.

Case182

Reaction score
Cool. Thats what I was wanting to hear. The water hitting it makes sense. Just weird that It didnt happen till after about 20 minutes in the pouring rain. Ive still got the shield from the stock muffler. Might pull that and see if it fits this one.