exhaust dump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i have a 93 k1500 ext cab, i need to re do the whole exhaust on it and what i wondering is if anyone has and way to bring duals, one on each side out in front of the rear tires like the older k5 blazers? i like the look and sound of that way much more than dumping them on the axle or out of the back. would i have to convert to a rear mounted tank like a tahoe or the last of the full size blazers?

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure with proper heat shields that you can safely run under your gas tank. My friend has nbs and has a passenger side dump right before the wheel.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be very hesitant to run the exhaust nude the gas tank even with heat shields. If you are dead set on running in front of both rear wheels you might want to consider converting to a Tahoe/suburban rear tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I had a '74 dodge pickup that had the gas tank in the same spot as the GMT400's.
It had headers and the exhaust was run outside the frame rails exiting in front of the rear tires.
It sounded mean but the truck did have a built 360 in it.
I'm not sure if that's even possible with the low frame rails of the GMT400's. I've actually never seen it done to them.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wouldnt run out by the gas tank hell myself i wouldnt run them out before the tires (just my opinion) these trucks dont look good to me with that exhaust setup i personally like them at a 45 degree out the back, i have actually thought maybe doin like the trans am dual tip bent down but duals, ive seen it on lowered 2wd trucks but not on 4x4 so dont know how it would look