error code 0430

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey driverside, thanks man. Well I guess its the cats then. Should I just do stock, or would some aftermarket high flow cat be better?

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a pretty basic install.
I installed mines in my driveway using a set of ramps & pair of 3 ton jack stands.
I did my header install & Magnaflow High Flow Cat install togeather.
Make sure you soak da heck out of your Y-pipe spring bolts and don't be surprised if you need a hacksaw to cut them off. For me the hardest thing was disconnecting / connecting the O2 Sensor because I have large hands and the connector is in a tight spot damn near on top of the tranny.

You'll also need
new Y-pipe spring bolts kits or new nuts, bolts and lock washers
new exhaust manifold Y-pipe doughnut gaskets
new AC/Delco O2 Sensor/s ** don't install Bosch O2's**

and some patience l

Be sure to tighten your Y-pipe bolts up evenly on each side so that the dougnut gaskets seat correctly. If you don't you'll find yourself back under the truck.

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
High flow maganflow cats are $45 each or you can have your computer tuned to shut off emissions.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
High flow maganflow cats are $45 each or you can have your computer tuned to shut off emissions.

If you decide to tune out your emissions make sure you take the cats out of the exhaust all together and put in straight pipe or your exhaust will still have the restriction.

I have the Magnaflow high flow cats on mine, and love em!

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck didn't throw any trouble codes but sometimes would have a stronger than normal exhaust odor as if she was running too rich. After installing the headers, Magnaflow Y-pipe w/ high flow cat it cleared her right up. I later trashed the single exhaust and had a 1in/2out muffler with 2.5" stainless steel tubing duals welded up and man what a major difference.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had my mechanic check it out, it is in fact the cats. The o2 sensor burning out caused the right bank to run too rich and that ruined the cat. If I put on the magnaflow hi flow system, is there any risk there oem setup will throw codes?

Last edited:

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bigg G---do you still have the cats in the exhaust?

Dustin---no it should be fine, i changed my cats out for high flow Magnaflow cats and no codes so far. How long did you drive it with the O2 sensor bad?