engine top wmd question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
I'm starting to get some valve raddle so I've been thinking of picking up an extra set of heads and rebuilding my top end. I already know I'm going with 1.6 rocker arms but I honestly dont know anything about the push rods or litters I need. Can anyone inform me?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the stock lifter and push rode for mild performance use, GM even used their stock componants with the LT4 Hot Cam kits that had .525 lift. If you were going with a performance cam that had more lift than that then I would be looking at the aftermaket. Just so you are aware, the rocker arms that you need are self aligning, narrow body for a 3/8 stud. If looking at full rollers (I was assuming) I personally like the scorpions, some full rollers can be noisy but the scorpions are quiet.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
I plan on going with stock pushrods but my current ones have 267,000 miiles on them so I want to replace the rods and lifters with new ones but I haven't a clue what size each are