Energy suspension mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone used these? I have the bed to cab problem and a noise coming form mine. I found them for 80 shipped for an ext cab

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '98 has the whole kit done to it. The ride is firmer. Some may not like that, but I don't mind. Made a big dif in handling. A lot less hesitation between steering input & the chassis movement, especially when doing quick direction changes from L-R-L-R.
But then my truck had quite a few miles on it before the bushings where done, so new parts of any kind in there would have improved it!
I've been told that the black ones have a tendency to squeek less than the red ones, which is what my '98 has in it. But those don't make any noises at all. My '97 has urethane sway bar bushings, in black, & they DO squeek! IDK!
With the tools & equipment I have in my shop, this was a major job for me to do. I got some upper & lower control arms from the wreckers, cleaned 'em all up, painted 'em, then installed the bushings in those first. That way the job was a straight re-n-re. Rear leafs weren't that bad to do, but those were already out & I did 'em on a bench. Body mounts I did one side at a time, on my back in the driveway. Not the way that I wanted to do that but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Did mine in stages as it was my DD at the time.
I found this to be a big job. The benefits were certainly worth it though. Sooner or later, my '97 will get this done to it too.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are just replacing the body mounts they are good, I too installed the full kit on my 92. The body mounts are not forgiving like the OEM rubber ones but I noticed very little different.
Before doing any work look under the rear of the cab and make sure that the body bushing has not dropped down through the frame mount, very common for them to rot out there. What noise are you getting?

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just kinda a creaking noise. Seems to be from both sides.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i have the red urethane in all my bushings...body mounts, sway bars, engine mount, rear spring bushings, and control arm bushings...very responsive in the steering ...alot less body roll.... no squeeks...use lots of grease in assembly...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the polly will be a lot stiffer. That could be a good thing, or a bad thing.