Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New to the forum here just got an 89 gmc Sierra 3500. I have some electrical issues I need some advice on it was a 350 fuel I jected that someone simply put a carb on and unplugged everything all my gauges are pegfed to the max. I have a manual water gauge but everything else is factory and still hooked up wat would cause it all to be pegged. I also have one headlight that burns out after about an hour of driving and my voltage gauge twitches a little when I turn on my signals. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think all old voltage gauges twitch a little with signals on. Headlight could be a short somewhere causing it to burn out. Check connections and wires. On the gauges I have no clue.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this info below I don't remember from where but it's good to know.
Good luck! RJ

When you removed the dash, the idiot charge light indicator was remove, and that is known as the ticker wire... which excites the alternator into charge mode, if not a solid connection with resistance will not ever charge. find the excite wire , wire in a bulb @ 194 bulb or equal resistance and will go back to charging, I prefer a light on dash that way I know if its working or not. all over the internet of you Google it.