Dual fuel cells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didnt know where else to put this thread.
Got two 8 gallon fuel cells for the bagged tahoe with limited space i could not fit one single 15 gallon or 20 gallon but two 8 gallons with 1/2 inch space between them works awesome. My question is whats the best way to plumb them. When you search google you get alot of expedition survival guys running auxullary cells as added capacity. So they run solenoids and a extra fuel pump. Im thinking i could t the line off the sump into my fuel supply line. I could tee evap off the top into my charcoal canister and i could send the return to one of the two and since they "share" capacity by means of the supply line t they should both stay around same level right? Questions, comments, concerns and ideas on this are what i need guys im invested in this far enough its too late to go back. Thanks.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a simple hose between the bottom of both tanks and a large (I'd use 2") hose at the top to balance filling is all that is needed as long as you have a pump in one of them. It will draw from both at the same time.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the fill wont be remote ill open a hatch on backof Tahoe on the floor and poof there are fuel cells. So i figure i would have to open both and fill slowly so they equalize i believe that to be the only bummer part besides the plumbing. Included a pic of the cells
You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Well the fill wont be remote ill open a hatch on backof Tahoe on the floor and poof there are fuel cells. So i figure i would have to open both and fill slowly so they equalize i believe that to be the only bummer part besides the plumbing. Included a pic of the cells

HA, one for each kid, keep them growing up strong and healthy :)

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, of course the panel will be on hinges and sealed to elements alsonthe cells will have the vent hooked up so no real danger of fumes for kiddos

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about connecting one of the sump output to the other cell sump output?
That should let them equalize as fuel is used.
Shouldn't matter much as your filling them.
Connect the vents for Evap.

If you T the sumps and pump from there it could pull air if your on a hill leaning sideways from the higher cell.
Just thinking out loud.

I've pulled over on side of the road and mine died. I have dual outlets and was pulling from the higher outlet. Apparently 1/4 tank isn't alot when your on that steep of a hill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I was saying i am gonna tee the sump together for supply which should help equalize. Tee the top together for evap vent as well. They are both on same level in a cage.