Drivetrain vibration.... Out of ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Both my trucks have eaten the pass. side outer axle bearing. One with posi, the other without. Apparently a common prob with the 10b.'s. That caused a vibration, too!

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When were the tires/wheels balanced?
How old are the tires?

Tires weer balanced 2 weeks ago. I don't remember the exact date but about 3 years.

Yeah i have G80 but it doesn't work. I bought it so. So i went to my garage and lift Tahoe with the jack stands under front lower arms and rear axle. Speed up 70 mph both Rwd and 4wd. So Rwd kinda smooth til 60, 60+ increasing vibration. 4wd, til 60,fuzzy weak vibration, 60+ chisel hammer at work.
I'm confused now....

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That seems ridiculously dangerous expecially with the vibration. Maybe the transfer case?

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your Tahoe lifted?

Nope, stock suspension and H\T tires

That seems ridiculously dangerous expecially with the vibration. Maybe the transfer case?

Safety measures have been taken. Transfer case total rebuild (everything new, even the case itself) made about a year ago. I've changed the fluid a month ago, it was blue and crystal clear.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Tires weer balanced 2 weeks ago. I don't remember the exact date but about 3 years.

Yeah i have G80 but it doesn't work. I bought it so. So i went to my garage and lift Tahoe with the jack stands under front lower arms and rear axle. Speed up 70 mph both Rwd and 4wd. So Rwd kinda smooth til 60, 60+ increasing vibration. 4wd, til 60,fuzzy weak vibration, 60+ chisel hammer at work.
I'm confused now....
What do you mean the G80 doesn't work? Could you see the tires wobbling or anything?
3 years is gettin up there for tire life.. I may be dreaming but I recall reading tires were damn near 'expired' after 3 years? :think: Maybe I'm just on a coffee high this morning

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you mean the G80 doesn't work? Could you see the tires wobbling or anything?
3 years is gettin up there for tire life.. I may be dreaming but I recall reading tires were damn near 'expired' after 3 years? :think: Maybe I'm just on a coffee high this morning

Trans and motor mounts were replaced about year ago. G80 doesn't work. When i changed axle fluid i saw that i have it, but when i've tried it in winter, only one wheel rotates in snow.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's a Gov-bomb for ya! Won't lock-up when you want them to, but they do when you don't need them too.
Like turning left at a light, in the rain. Get a short break in traffic, give her a shot of gas, & you're hanging the tail out like some kid trying to be the next Paul Walker!