DRIVERS SIDE DOOR KEYHOLE FELL OUT INSIDE MY DOOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tried to take the door panel off got to the black metal panel with the plastic on it and cant get much further than that becuase of my window and lock actuator is attached to it through the doors fram itself. is there like some special tools i need or should i take it to the dealership and how much could that cost.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
common problem.. the exterior handle will need to be replaced.. you MIGHT be able to do it without gutting the door, but its been a while since I did one so i dont remember exactly what all it takes

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did just the clip that holds the lock in come off or did the handle break?

I unbolt the metal door part, plug the switches back in, for the windows only. then I roll the window down or up I forget which, but it kicks the back of the metal panel out and down, enough for my hand to get in there, or you can roll the window out of the track, remove the lock rod clip and handle rod clips etc. and sit it out of the way more. then for the handle you got a bolt in the door jamb, and one inside the door, 10mm I think, maybe 13 I forget, unbolts and work the handle up and out of the door from the outside.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
did just the clip that holds the lock in come off or did the handle break?

I unbolt the metal door part, plug the switches back in, for the windows only. then I roll the window down or up I forget which, but it kicks the back of the metal panel out and down, enough for my hand to get in there, or you can roll the window out of the track, remove the lock rod clip and handle rod clips etc. and sit it out of the way more. then for the handle you got a bolt in the door jamb, and one inside the door, 10mm I think, maybe 13 I forget, unbolts and work the handle up and out of the door from the outside.

well i found a little circle kinda peice of metal with a notch on it inside the door that could be the clip youre talkin about just the little lock part fell out of the hole.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep that'd be the one. it's a goofy looking little thing. Tough to find too, lmc has em i think but local they are hard to find for me. I bet it broke or slid off maybe? I would buy a new one and put it back on.

My uncle fab'd his own on my DS door and it sucks, it doesn't want to lock or unlock right with the key.