Driveability of Stall and Transgo + Vette Servo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ive been hearing good things about the transgos. ive always stuck with my B&M;s in my camaros and stuff. havent worked on the yukons trans at all yet which is odd for me.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did transgo shift kit.....vette servo. And a bigger boost valve with a 9 clutch pack. Its ALOT more snappy and quick as far as shifting goes. But its still a stock 350 so its not like im leAvin rubber all over the black top.

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll let you know as soon as I install the trans back in the truck. Not using the Transgo kit, but everything else mentioned.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe you want a convertor from a 96+ 4.3liter S10. They have a factory stall of 2800 IIRC?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i have a vette servo, feels like a whole new truck, shifts nice and firm but not harsh and hold to about 4800RPM at WOT from a stop.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, after driving it for a few days I can say that there is a world of difference between stock and converter + servo. Shifts are firm and instantaneous, with no slide shifting or falling into gear. The stall makes it feel like a different truck, and it will lay rubber from a standstill or slow roll just by putting the pedal down. There is a noticeable difference from the stock converter in putting around town and light/part throttle driving, but lockup and cruising manners are unchanged. Downshifts are much more authoritative due to the quick engagement and higher flash stall, as it puts you in the meat of the powerband. Overall, I love it.