drive shaft getting shaved???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You can just cut it followed by a squirt of some paint. The boxing that we did was the 'over-kill' I was referring to. Lol!
We drew out the shape first, then drilled holes in the corners where the shape changed direction. The holes help to prevent any possible cracking in the corners.
To cut out the metal, we used one of these with a cut-off disc.

You must be registered for see images attach

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh on sweet so its not a crucial thing thats really holding something up? Ill go to home depot and see if i can find one of those or harbor freight. This is pretty much the only thing ill ever use it for lol. Thanks man appreciate the response!

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NP! We copied the shape of the C-notches for the bed brace notch.

Hey man so today i finally decided to give it a shot and i noticed its the beam that the gas tank is holding onto. I jist want to make sure its not something i should have a pro cut and weld spme support to it.
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Should be O.K. I'd copy that shape of the transition that's just to right of the driveshaft in that pic.
If you want to get really fancy, square cut out that transition just to the right of the D/S, then you could shorten that cut-out part & the weld in back in to the left of the D/S for the transition, followed up with a piece of steel to close in the gap of the cut-out over the D/S.
Did that make sense?
You mentioned a 'clunk' when you drop it into gear. Check the universals. That's usually the cause.
If they're good, next thing to check would be the transmission crossmember bolts/mount or the motor mounts.
Both of my 4.3's have broken the pass. side engine mounts. Factory flaw or just me? Probably me! Lol!
Major PitA to change. Had to drill a hole in the frame just behind the LCA to get at that one bolt!