Double Din/ painted interior pieces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just finished my custom double din (pioneer 3300bt). Ive got it looking pretty good now by just trimming the top portion of the bezel, but at some point I would like to trim the lower part and filling in the sides with body filler. Also I painted the dash bezel, door handles, window and lock controls, and the overhead console. They are metallic black but pictures don't look that great, these things shine in person though.

You must be registered for see images attach

nickl011

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lookes very sharp and taste full! I want to do this, but I need to find a color that accents the maroon interior I have. How did you get the rear window switch bezels and ashtrays out?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Lookes very sharp and taste full! I want to do this, but I need to find a color that accents the maroon interior I have. How did you get the rear window switch bezels and ashtrays out?

The rear ashtrays just pry up on the side closest to you, if I remember correctly. They sort of swivel up, and then you can pull them out, just make sure you don't break them, LMC was wanting something like $50 for one of those stupid things!!! Luckily I found one in good shape at a junkyard, that made me happy. My lid had broken off of one a long time ago.

Double din looks good, you guys are killing me, I'm already trying to resist putting one in, because I don't need it, but still.....so sick. As for the painted pieces, I'm not sure, there are very few trucks I like painted interior in, and I'm trying to figure out how to do mine, because I don't want to do the same thing, I just want subtle accents. Less is more for interior painting IMO. But still, very good looking truck.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything pops out. The rear ash trays and window switches were the hardest to get out but definitely the most subtle and nice looking. The overhead cluster is amazing too. Like i said the pics cam out way crappy these pieces wooo everyone that looks at em in person. everyone thinks i had it done professionally when It took me two days and about 12 bucks in rattle can paint. Probably my favorite mod on the truck, I do recommend it to everyone!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Double din came out nice. Like the specled effect on the black paint.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good i just got me a 96 dash and that double din looks even better. this would be a good time for me to make room in this dash while it's out.
did u do much cutting to get it n? i painted some int parts on the door only in mine too the same color as the truck i might do other parts.