Does anyone know of a good paint shop in the Houston Tx area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric1998

Reaction score
In a couple of months I'll be ready to get my truck painted. I was wondering if anyone knows of a paint shop in the Houston Texas area that does good work for a reasonable price? I'm thinking about a candy paint job.
I have not had a vehicle painted in years and the shop I used in the past closed down.

Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Really depends on what you consider reasonable. Any kind of decent quality is going to cost you, and anything special like a kandy will cost more. Don't cheap out on the materials or the labor; bad materials won't last and bad labor won't either.

Richard

Eric1998

Reaction score
Gotcha,
I plan on buying my paint, clear coat and all the other chemicals needed for the job at allkandy.com. (I feel that there products are better than HOK) Just was wondering if anyone here knew of a shop in my area that sprays candy well and won't charge two arms and a leg. Lol

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that'll open another can of worms... buying your own stuff that is.... I will say with 99.9% certainty that you will not find a paint shop that will let you bring in your own paint and chemicals... unless possibly a small mom and pop type of place...

sent from what use to be a great country...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah painters like to use what they like to use. Different brands and even lines within that brand will behave differently so it's not just in the painter's best interest, but yours too, that they are using a product they are experienced with.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Man I'm trying to remember the name of a custom shop where I went to pick up a set of those 22" GM transport steelies. They had some amazing rides in there they had painted. They gave me a damn reasonable quote for the body work and paint for my Intimidator SS but I ended up using someone else that I had some references for. (The guy I used is out of town in Taylor TX, he had painted my little brother's Chevelle and his buddy's Camaro, awesome work.)

OK, I found them, try these guys out. Pristine in Tomball - https://www.facebook.com/pristinecustompaint/

Richard

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
In a couple of months I'll be ready to get my truck painted. I was wondering if anyone knows of a paint shop in the Houston Texas area that does good work for a reasonable price? I'm thinking about a candy paint job.
I have not had a vehicle painted in years and the shop I used in the past closed down.

Thanks
Not sure about Houston but in Dallas SWRNC does really nice work he's got a YouTube channel you can see his work just YouTube SWRNC or My Friend Pete. Probably not the answer your looking for though.

Eric1998

Reaction score
Not sure about Houston but in Dallas SWRNC does really nice work he's got a YouTube channel you can see his work just YouTube SWRNC or My Friend Pete. Probably not the answer your looking for though.

Dallas is a lil far but I'll check them out on You Tube.....