Distributor Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swapped the distributor in my 454 and just dropped it in as close to the old as possible. I never saw the P1345 code but I am wondering if there is some way the cam retard could be out of spec but not throw the code? I don't want to pay over 100$ to have it checked if it's not needed it drives me nuts to think about paying someone 115$ to plug a computer into my truck and possibly twist the distributor a little. Truck is running great but the fuel mileage is not real exciting right now and I am wondering why. I am planning a trip to Arkansas in January and need it running in good shape.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can be out by quite a bit and not throw a code, so if you question it at all I would have it checked.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It can be a whole lot off spec and not set the code. Look at it this way. Do you think you can drop a distributor to within a couple degrees accuracy? That'd be some pretty good luck; go buy a lottery ticket! :D

Richard