Distributor confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i installed my new HEI distributor yesterday and I had the timing set perfect before hand but after the new one was installed my timing light shows my initial timing to be way out in the 30 range so my question is could my wires be off on the distributor and all just needed to be moved one over or does anyone have any suggestions?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you are checking it and when you set it did you have the wire that you need to disconnect disconnected?. For the life of me I cannot remember what color it is. If not that will throw you setting way off.

Reaction score
When you are checking it and when you set it did you have the wire that you need to disconnect disconnected?. For the life of me I cannot remember what color it is. If not that will throw you setting way off.

No this engine is a carb swapped 350 in my 1994 k1500 that I've put in there the computer has been eliminated