Diesel bumper foglights options....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone measure the openings in the their diesel bumper so I can start looking for fog/driving lights for the bumper once I get it.
I think the OEM fog lights look to small in the openings. I was thinking maybe the sealed beams from the 3rd gen camaros.

Sent from my piece of crap iPhone using Tapatalk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Lots of people in my neck of the woods put Hella dual bulb work lamps in those openings.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have Hella 550F's in mine, yes they are wider than the openings but only the glass surround is covered, no actual beam is hindered and height wise they are perfect. Just need brackets

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88GMCtruck, those lights look perfect in those openings. What did you do for pigtails on the back of the bulbs?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Did someone say they needed brackets? I just got my pair of these. Great fit, great quality.

Left Side:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131084510990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Right Side:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161188559505?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I used an old set of NOS GM Foglights from the late 80's that I found on CL. They fit pretty well, just hope they don't create too much heat. They're halogens. (Part # on the box is 999451. Exactly like this, except mine was never used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/General-Mot...rg=20140107083349&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=321237411849 )

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How does that OEM bracket actually hold the light in place? Does the bracket allow the use of aftermarket lights?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
It has 2 sections of plastic up top that fit into the bend in the bumper, so that locks the top in place, and then the bottom bolts on using one of the valence mounting bolts.

The bucket itself is exactly like you see it in those ebay pics, with no mounting holes. I drilled my own for the lights, so basically you just need to find a light that will fit that has an attached bolt or something for mounting. You can drill the bucket, put the bolt through, and you're good to go. It probably took me 10 minutes, and they're really solid. Not going anywhere.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yours came out real nice, thanks for posting the pic. Ever since I put on the bumper back in '08 I've been debating whether or not to do the lights. I've picked up some of those brackets and bought the GM fog lights too, more than anything just so I can have the switch as I believe it's an OEM-style switch. If nothing else at least I didn't have to play guessing games with the size of lamps.

Richard