Dies when put in gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93zierra

Reaction score
Hey guys my buddy has a 1995 2wd 1500. When he got it the tranny was gone and the distributor. He put a new dist in it and tranny. The truck runs fine when in park but when he puts it in gear it dies. Any ideas? Thanks

93zierra

Reaction score
He replaced the dist cap, timing is right, replaced IAC and coolant temp sensor. What is a TCC? It does not die when given gas in park and will idle in neutral too.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Torque converter clutch. Sometimes the solenoids get stuck on and it acts like a manual with the clutch engaged.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good chance something is wrong with the torque converter.

93zierra

Reaction score
He's aways from me so I'm just getting the info from him a little at a time. He said when hes going down the road the truck bucks.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
sounds to me like it is the map sensor. a couple of my older vehicles did the same thing and that was the problem. also alot easier to fix than dropping the tranny, i would check that out first and go from there