Definitive 80mm 2500 caliper vs GMT800 front brake thread for 16" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71SE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the title says, I want to upgrade the brakes on my project 2000 Tahoe Z71 (OBS obviously). I'm hesitant to do the GMT800 master cylinder by itself, it seems kinda strange to me to just upgrade the m/c without doing something about the front calipers or rear wheel cylinders. What is the most up to date consensus on brakes upgrades that fit under 16" wheels and that don't cost an arm and a leg (ie SSBC).

Z71SE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I have planned as well, but how does all that jive with the bias and ABS?

Guys are recommending using a GMT800 master out of a pickup that originally had rear discs.

I'm wondering if the OBS ABS system will work properly and whether the fronts will still lockup/ go into ABS before the rears?

Z71SE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All those questions are answered in that thread.

Ok thanks, just wanted to ask one more time. I'm getting a set of knuckles and brakes from an 02 Escalade so I'm trying to make sure everything works out!