dc 6.5 or rough country 6inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on buyin a rough country 6in lift here pretty soon but I've been lookin on here and seein y'all talk bout the dc 6.5 in lift and I was wonderin where y'all ordered em from and how much are they if y'all don't mind me askin.

93ecss

Reaction score
you may want to try doin a search ive found alot of theards on this topic as im getting a lift soon. im goin with a rcx since its a lil cheaper but the quality is just as good. the dc is very good lift and its nice that its a full 6 drop not just a 5 like th rcx. so if you want to clear big meats get the dc. if you just want to go woth 35's go rcx imho. but search a lil and figure out what you wanna do.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1200-1300 or so, extreme suspension, ebay or other places, get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's a FULL drop 6.5 and you can crank to almost 8 inches of front lift, the rcx is only 5 the rest is crank, so you might get 7 max with it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You hear about the dick cepek 6.5" suspension lift (owner) because it's the best lift ever made for these trucks hands down. It's much more than .5" bigger than the rcx IMO and I'm towering 37's with just the dc and before I had 35's and was sky scrapin them bitches. It's about $1200 @ extreme suspensions, ebay, whatever a member = jcloud just bought one and knows where to get them. Send him a private message and he can get you one. I think they're a few hundred more than the RCX you're looking at but the difference is night/day. Just look up pictures of dc, then of rcx. You'll see the height/clearance difference.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Z71LOVE you NEED a cepek on that maroon truck. Would be sik nasty. I completely understand it not being top of the priority list but that truck deserves it so maybe one day!!

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Southern pride I love your truck you did exactly what I planning on doin to mine just blackin everything out. And if u don't mind me askin what size wheels and tires are on your truck.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
37x13.50 toyo m/t

17x8 american eagle alloys

I blacked out the wheels and the rocker panels using plasti dip. Youtube the stuff, especially "plasti dip removal" It's about $6 a can and 1 can did all 4 of my wheels and 1 can per side on the rockers. It just sprays on and then bonds and turns into a plastic wrap type thing that is durable. My rims are still perfectly chrome underneath it all and I could go peel it off in minutes. The stuff is brilliant. May not want it for the long haul but it will hold up a looong time and if anything you can see what anything would look like blacked out. Check out my thread NEW LOOK to see how it looks. Looks just like powdercoat. You can get it @ home depot so might be worth a try for you....