Dash Temp Gauge still not working right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 350
I grounded the wire and the dash gauge showed as hot as it could read, so I determined that the head sensor was bad. I replaced the whole sensor and it came with a wire and connector. Installed that and I still get the same reading, ~ 150º at full operating temp.

Any ideas???

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Try the thermostat yet? My 90 did the same thing and my heat sucked

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rogue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 350
I grounded the wire and the dash gauge showed as hot as it could read, so I determined that the head sensor was bad. I replaced the whole sensor and it came with a wire and connector. Installed that and I still get the same reading, ~ 150º at full operating temp.

Any ideas???

Mine's been doing the same thing since I noticed it when I replaced the radiator in June. Thermostat is new....not sure yet if the sensor in the side of the block is bad, I haven't had time to wrestle with it. Following to see what the outcome is.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I hooked up a scan gauge to confirm that my temp is going no higher than 166*, so I can assume it has a 160* tstat. It was a Florida truck and had a KN intake on it so maybe the PO thought he had a hot rod and it needed a 160. IDK. I'm replacing with a 195* and will keep everyone updated.