DAMN STEERING!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:uhoh2:Yesterday while i was driving back from having my 3in lift spindles and new shocks on, My steering started getting a little weird, and im not talking about alignment weird because i know i have to do that too once i get my new tires on, next thing i know the steering went crazy and the wheels were turning side to side on their own. it stopped after i pulled off the road... i have a feeling it could be loose tie rods, but honestly i dont know alot about that stuff, soooo any help? im taking it to get aligned tomorrow...

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
sounds like you experienced "death wobble".....This condition happens when you have several worn suspension parts, but mainly the pitman/idler arms are the culprits...Also, warped front brake rotors can severely magnify this condition...Check all your steering parts for looseness/wear...

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My idler arm and tie rods ends needed replacing so I replaced them but before it shook bad..................

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DAMMNNNITTT!!! I couldnt even drive the truck 2 miles down the road to the shop because of this problem. everything was fine before the suspension was put on. this is really getting on my nerves... its ridiculous!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Blown shocks? I ran my land rover without a front passenger shock for 3 months after I put my suspension lift on, it had some pretty serious death wobble problems.