Cypress, Tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's a stretch, but I'll ask any way. Been working on my 97 Tahoes intake gasket and finally put them in. Now I can't seem to stab my distributor back on my marks. Anybody here close is willing to give me a hand with this. Give ma call @ 713 823 3616....Really would appreciate it.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you put the dist back in, it wont be perfectly on the mark. If itll start, put a timing light on it, and adjust from there.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've gotten it close to the marks I made but on them. Plus I can't adjust it, timing is controlled by computer on mine.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Draggin, I'm gonna keep trying this morning. Got a little frustrated last night. Got it to fall close but no cigar. Just afraid it won't start when I'm done. Everywhere I read before I started this nobody showed any problems stabbing it back in place. Frustrating.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to thank Stroker and Draggin for all the help with my intake gasket replacement. These guys are like tools in your tool box, great to have around when you need them. I really do appreciate all input and being patient with my dumb questions. I finally put it back together last night and added my coolant. I did crank it up and it fired but I turned it off after a few seconds. Didn't want my neighbors yelling at me. I hope I got to the problem.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem bud.. that's what we are here for.. sorry I wasn't in town when you had your distributor problem we was in Tyler for the turkey drags..