Custom bumper tuck and hood on my 89

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Looking awesome man, keep up the killer work on the hood. I cant wait to see the end result of this

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Pic #5. You say that this is your first crack at patterning & shaping? Tell me you were kidding! Those kinda skills come from practice, practice, practice! Either that or you're a natural! Great work!
I was kinda wondering why the square cut-out. To move the line back! Doh!
You, sir, have an eye for design!

KennyK

Reaction score
Your doing amazing man! What are you doing underneath the support it? I would imagine that is part of your process, when you get to that point, keep the pictures coming.

Its pretty much the only reason I came on when I got home tonight was to see if you posted more.
Thanks I plan on using some of that expanding foam they use on roof panels and stuff on vehicles and maybe make a few braces as needed
But I also want to complete sheet metal the under side

KennyK

Reaction score
Pic #5. You say that this is your first crack at patterning & shaping? Tell me you were kidding! Those kinda skills come from practice, practice, practice! Either that or you're a natural! Great work!
I was kinda wondering why the square cut-out. To move the line back! Doh!
You, sir, have an eye for design!
Yes first time doing any metal forming but I have been doing body/crash work for years
Body shop business has been in my family for over 60 years that my grandpa started and he tells me my great great great grandpa was a black smith lol so
And thanks

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well that explains it! It's in your blood! Lol!

Careful with that expanding foam. I've worked on van conversions that had that done to them. That stuff WILL warp panels. It just grows & grows & grows. Pushes anything in it's way, outa the way!

KennyK

Reaction score
Well that explains it! It's in your blood! Lol!

Careful with that expanding foam. I've worked on van conversions that had that done to them. That stuff WILL warp panels. It just grows & grows & grows. Pushes anything in it's way, outa the way!
Yea I'm a little worried about that might just use some thick seam sealer or something

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Bumper looks awesome man, one of the best I have seen. Hood looks like it's headed in a good direction now too. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2