Cummins Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.5-k3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Grey Ghost is getting the Cummins. everything on the engine is in good shape except the oil pan gasket and the valve cover gaskets, the engine has a ve injection pump, I have changed the fuel filter every time I changed the oil filter so I'm not to worried about the engine once I get the gaskets changed. My only real concern is the cooling fan clearance, which I might just put am electric pusher fan on it. As far as intercooling I will probably just run it non intercooled until I can figure something out I have a few ideas though. If I can get away with not doing anything to the drive shafts that would be awesome. I plan to run a Cummins alternator, and probably just get rid of the A/C (I have 5 windows that open which isn't to bad) It only gets to 100* a couple times in the summer here and don't really need it, plus I'll save 1-2 mpg by not having it there. Now time for a picture of the donor truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

1991 dodge W-250 "dullay" I bought it in 2011 it was my first diesel and I loved it, problem is everything, and I do mean everything went to s#!t on it, transmission, transfer case, frame, body, interior, the only things left that are any good are the engine and axles (Dana 60's I believe 3.54 gears).

Hopefully I can get the project under way soon, I just need a little more cash, and if everything goes right I should be able to at least start the engine by the end of summer (not going to get to wild with it, just get it running ASAP so the wife and I have 2 running vehicles again).

If there's any questions I will do my best to answer them. I have a lot of work ahead of me.....

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Goodluck with the build and ill be following closely!!! Diesel bug has bit me but not time yet for me to own one

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Hooray for Cummins powa!!!

Sent from the big block!

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bug bit me hard when I test drove my dodge before I bought it.

Lol. I test drove my buddies 02. I was a second thought away from buying it, he still has it and says its waiting for me. Its so much fun to drive its dumb

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I think everyone here would appreciate a detailed build tons of people wana do this!