corner light mod problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
started doing this today and the bulb hits the lens. the new lens i got are vision brand after market from ebay, they look and fit real nice but are shallower between the lens and the back piece, the bottoms are fine but the tops dont have room for the bulb. i cut the entire thickness of the mounting ring out of the old lower and just drilled a hole in the new upper so that adds a quarter inch or so by time its epoxyed on but i need another 1/8 inch or so. so do they make a shorter bulb in that style or am i screwed and need to start over with differant lens or make a spacer for the bulb socket?

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not able to post pics, not savy with the computer stuff. if i put the bulb in the socket, twist the socket in the mounting ring i cut out of the old lower, and insert the bulb in the hole i drilled in the new upper, the bulb hits the lens and the mounting tab that gets glued to the back of the upper cant sit flush. i drilled a hole in the original gm lens it fits fine like it should. the originals look like crap and are cracked so thats why im not just using them. i hate it when something so simple turns in to a pita.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a spacer seems to be my only option other than differant lens, unless i can get shorter bulbs but dont know if they make them.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You can get an led bulb like mike (mobs) sells, it will fit just fine, they barely stick past the end of the socket, ill go get a picture of one of mine right now

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
How far they stick out...
You must be registered for see images attach

And diameter...
You must be registered for see images attach

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that would be great if i can use the lens i got, thanks rep for you. i wonder if i can find those local, do parts stores carry those maybe?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i was going to say just get a thick washer maybe to act as the spacer.. but looks like 96K1500 beat me to a better solution...