Control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWP80

Reaction score
So I was inspecting the new to 95 c1500 and the upper control bushings are shot. It looks like the lower arms have been replaced. Anyhow, in most parts books the OE bushings are either 41mm or 43mm. I am leaning toward getting the Energy suspension bushings which I assume are independent of this since they force you to re-use your shells and sleeves. Does anyone know if there is a vin break or any way to know without pulling it apart?

JWP80

Reaction score
I called Energy suspension to see if they were aware and they didn't really know of anything. Best I can tell they increased the size of the bushings. Decided to go with some from the part store, they ordered both sizes and said i could return the ones i don't use.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I have all energy suspension bushings and I havnt had any problems with different sizes. I went this rout...Bought duralast cheap bushings, pressed out the rubber and pressed the energy suspension bushings. I got rid of the old cans because they press to fit so I don't think you should install used cans. red and black squeak just as bad, use lots of lube. Improvement is drastic. I put the uppers in the oven for a couple hours and the bushings in the freezer over night. they popped in perfectly in the press.

Nvr mind you are 2wd, might be slightly different.