Control arm bushing replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I hit it with a torch till it was cherry and took an old socked and beat it out with my 3lb mini sledge lol I feel like it coulda went faster but I didn't have a press and i didn't wanna find one lol

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I did all energy suspension bushings on my truck not to long ago. You WILL need a shop press. A blow torch helps as well. So don't bother trying to get the rubber out of the old bushings, they will never come clean enough and you don't really want to re press in old cans. I went to autozone and did the unthinkable, that's right, I bought duralast bushings and pushed out the rubber with the shop press. the rubber all came out clean in one piece. saved so much time. I then assembled the bushings and put them in the freezer overnight. in the morning I put my control arms in the oven at 500 degrees and used the shop press to put the bushings in, this process made it easier and prevented damage to the polyurethane from over pressing. The results are amazing I love them, but the ride will be crazy stiff and you will feel everything. I have the body bushing kit and they are great also. you could probably cut them a little but you might need new hardware, infact I know you will need new hardware I also have 314k.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure how different the energy suspension stuff is. I just barely replaced all of my CA bushings and all of my ball joints along with some other stuff. I rented the ball joint press from AZ. It worked OK. One LCA I could not remove from the torsion bar so I had to do it all laying under the truck. One of the bushings was so long that the ball joint press wouldn't fit. I was able to fab a couple of shorter sleeves out of some exhaust pipe I had laying around and was able to get it to work. It took a ton of torque to get them in and out. Fortunately for me I had an Easton 4 foot breaker bar to help me out. I would recommend this breaker bar to anyone as it fits the end of most 1/2" ratchet wrenches perfectly.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Not sure how different the energy suspension stuff is. I just barely replaced all of my CA bushings and all of my ball joints along with some other stuff. I rented the ball joint press from AZ. It worked OK. One LCA I could not remove from the torsion bar so I had to do it all laying under the truck. One of the bushings was so long that the ball joint press wouldn't fit. I was able to fab a couple of shorter sleeves out of some exhaust pipe I had laying around and was able to get it to work. It took a ton of torque to get them in and out. Fortunately for me I had an Easton 4 foot breaker bar to help me out. I would recommend this breaker bar to anyone as it fits the end of most 1/2" ratchet wrenches perfectly.

I need to get one of those