cold start knock? Is it normal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Mine makes a CH CH CH CH noise until warm. Idk if you can imagine that. Is that what you're talking about? or should I be worried?

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 95 tbi has 193k on it
i been running fram filters and mobile clean 5000 for the last 4 years and i have never heard my truck knock
even after an oil change when the light should be on during first startup, its not, and it doesn't knock

mine is a 4x4 though, could that make a difference due to the filter being mounted horizontaly due to the front drive shaft?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
my 95 tbi has 193k on it
i been running fram filters and mobile clean 5000 for the last 4 years and i have never heard my truck knock
even after an oil change when the light should be on during first startup, its not, and it doesn't knock

mine is a 4x4 though, could that make a difference due to the filter being mounted horizontaly due to the front drive shaft?

its more of a vortec problem not the tbi motors

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope mine is 4x4 also an will out clickity-clack a diesel on a cold morning....

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my truck has been coldstart knocking for about a year or so now and yes it does get louder and take longer to go away in the wintertime for sure. Doesn't seem to have any less power from when it started so I'm just Going to keep doing regular oil changes until I think it gets worse.... It's sad!