Cold start cranking too long

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys

My '91 seems to take longer than normal to start when it sits for a while I've taken a vid of it to post to make sure i'm not crazy. After it runs it will start back up first crank no problem. Here's the video:

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/bizzo315/?action=view&current=truck_cold_start-Computer.flv

I also get an odor of fuel under the hood but I can't tell where it's coming from. I've checked the fuel lines going to the tank and they're a little rusty but they don't seem to be leaking. Where's the fuel pressure regulator located on these TBI motors?

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have them same problem with my 94 suburban,i just replaced the egr and still doing it too.So am going to bump the timing 4 degrees and see what that will do too,i will let you know if this helps or not.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBI motors release the fuel pressure when the truck is turned off so it has to build up a little more pressure to turn on, IIRC. My Vortec always starts faster than my dads TBI.