Code and Scanner/Fuel Injector Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gearheadmike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my 96 gmc seirra C1500 5.7 vortec it's got a new engine in it fuel pump/new MPFI injector upgrade from the org poppets. New aluminum body dist. Cap/rotor/plugs/wires/etc.

I got a cel on the other day and it was P0307 Cyl 7 misfire so i erased code didn't come back on when i moved truck around yard. well i don't have exhaust on truck yet just my long tube headers and i decided to remove and put a new heat paint on them and when doing the heat cycle for paint the cel came back on p0307.

I pulled cap & rotor looks good checked wire no burns/cuts i got a tool for between plug and wire to check spark and it's got good spark. Did compression check and that's good. But spark plug looked a little black and it did seem that the 02 was a lil black also. I'm thinking maybe #7 inj is sticking open causing the misfire?

Is there a scan tool that can read the injectors or will i have to pull upper intake and check that way?
I'm not sure if this stupid ethanol gas gunked up that injector from sitting in storage over this past winter.