Clean '99 crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Honestly, if I knew it would be worth the insane price of diesel, I would sell my DD and buy it. But then again, I'm only 18 and have a lot of time ahead of me to make stupid decisions lol

Sent while pulling out a Ford

I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole.

Ticking time bomb waaay overpriced and by the guys "mods" he doesn't have a clue about 6.5's.

Stay away. Far away....

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sorry but I have called 4 times tonight and I seem to get cut off after 4 rings. I have to head back to my motel. If you do go, avoid boss hawgs bbq.The food sucks and the service is even worse.

Thanks for making the effort! Sorry that it was a waste of your time and only resulted in bad food :lol: I do appreciate the attempt! I will try to call today. I wonder if he's a dealer. I've noticed a couple more vehicles from the same buyer on CL even though they are listed as "by owner".

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Honestly, if I knew it would be worth the insane price of diesel, I would sell my DD and buy it. But then again, I'm only 18 and have a lot of time ahead of me to make stupid decisions lol

Youngin

Ticking time bomb waaay overpriced and by the guys "mods" he doesn't have a clue about 6.5's.

Stay away. Far away....
Listen to this guy!

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score

Stay away. Far away....

My DD has a new transmission with less then 2k miles on it. It's not going anywhere anytime soon lol. I'm saving for a good 400 to work on anyways. Gotta have something that won't drain my wallet dry every week at the gas pump

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I got a hold of the guy with the 99 GMC CC and we talked for a while and he texted me more pics. He did confirm that it looks like it's been in a front end collision on that passenger side. He said the frame does not look damaged but that the hood could use a slight tweak to get it 100% aligned correctly. The pics he sent were pics of the worst parts on the truck which consisted of a few bumps. The worst one is on the driver's side back of the cab near the window there's a dent. Then, of course, we all saw the pic of the door where it looks like someone tried to break in at some point. No rust on the truck, though. He accurately described it as a "10 foot truck" to where it looks good in pics and from about 10 foot away but once you get closer you can see the "bumps and bruises". He sent me a vid as well and the truck does seem to run well, the A/C is ice cold (had a temp gun show the temp in the vid) and the interior is super clean although the driver's seat fabric looks like it could split any day.

So now is decision time of if I want to pursue it or not. My truck is 98% perfect on the body and runs well and I've spent a lot of time dealing with the interior and getting it to where it's at. So part of me is hesitant because I know I'd end up wanting to dump money into the CC to get the body fixed up because I know that'd drive me crazy but then another part of me wants to just get it because the extra space of the CC would be extremely nice with the crew I have to tote around on a regular basis LOL

That front end collision repair has me a little worried as well. A good body shop you wouldn't be able to tell there was ever front end damage without crawling around underneath it so the fact that you can spot it in a pic leads me to believe that maybe it wasn't the best repair and could potential be frame issues there. If it was closer to me rather than 2 hours away I'd just swing by and look but I'd hate to spend the time and then walk away empty handed. :hmm:

so what would you guys do??

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I wouldn't be interested in it its seems pretty rough and 6.5s suck

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't be interested in it its seems pretty rough and 6.5s suck

Are you talking about the one I posted originally or that long bed that go posted about last page? The one I posted is a 454 truck