ChevyDave's 95 ECSB Z-71 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I'm yet to make a build thread on my other truck, I decided to start early with this one. It's a 1995 extended cab short bed with about 180,000 miles. It has the TBI 350 and 4L60e trans. I bought it over the weekend. The body's a little rusty, and it burns oil in the rear two cylinders.
You must be registered for see images

Kinda plain and boring, but I think it has some potential. Plans are to fix it up and drive it while my other truck is getting a trans put in and a new bed. What it needs right now is front drive shaft u-joints, an exhaust, seats (or covers lol), and a steering column cover. That's all I know of right now, but it is completely drivable as it, with no trans slip. I'm probably just going to let it burn oil, as it is most likely piston rings and don't feel like fixing lmfao.

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, a little rusty :lol: it definitely has potential though, I can't wait to see the progress.

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Yea it needs rockers, cab corners, front fenders, and a tailgate. I'm not gonna mess with that tho, might put a tailgate on it but that's cause I have an extra lol. I don't think I did too bad considering I only have $1000 into it

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Yea it needs rockers, cab corners, front fenders, and a tailgate. I'm not gonna mess with that tho, might put a tailgate on it but that's cause I have an extra lol. I don't think I did too bad considering I only have $1000 into it

For $1000 it's definitely not bad. It's in better shape then my old truck and we sold it for $850

Sent while pulling out a Ford

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
You planning on any major changes or keepin it simple?

Mind if I ask how much you paid? Just curious

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You planning on any major changes or keepin it simple?

Mind if I ask how much you paid? Just curious

I bought one truck for 650, sold it for 900. Bought this one for 1200, with title transfers, I have about 1000 into it. I think I'm going to keep it pretty simple. Paint some stuff to make it look better, maybe 2500 springs and a crank. I really don't know yet lol

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I cut the rusted out exhaust off, cut up the air intake (pics to come after paint lol), pulled off stickers from the PO, and removed the tri fold tonneau.