ChevyDave's 93 ECSB z-71 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So about two years ago, my parents bought a new used truck and had no use for this one (bought new in 93). It had about 220,000 miles, a bad trans, rusty rockers, cab corners, and passenger side fender. They decided to try to sell it, but never sold through out the six months it was for sale. Here was how it sat...

You must be registered for see images

After it didn't sell, my parents decided to give the 1500 dollar truck to me. My dad found a guy at his work that does body work, so he wound up doing the rockets and cab corners and fender.

The day we got the truck back, my dad drove it to work, and the front brakes were locking up...trailered it home and put new calipers, pads and brackets on it. The next day my brother picked me up from school in it and the oil pressure kept dropping to zero. It had some nice rod nock lol. So now it had a bad trans and a bad oil pump.

Long story short we decide to pull the motor, put a crate engine in it and rebuild the trans. This was in November 2013.

While we were doing this, I was also working on painting everything under the hood, and the rest of the frame. It was raining out a lot at the time so we kinda tarped it off haha. During this time period the truck also got a newer bumper (junkyard), new Kurt hitch (the old one BROKE OFF WHILE TOWING), and a new tonneau cover.

After we got it back together and running, I bought some moderately clean wheels off a neighbor (with a BA 400!). I didn't put them on until spring tho. Replacing little things here and there and working bugs out through the spring and summer...

Now the truck has all new speakers, JVC radio and a 10in sub, which actually sounds good.

In May 2014, I got a set of 285/75/16 GT Radial AT/2's that I put on the new wheels. They dug really well in mud even though they were nearly bald and were dry rotted really bad lmao.

Over the summer, the TBI mods happened, new wiper arms, some where in there got another bed (getting paint this week actually lol) and a ton of other miscellaneous parts.

Actually got it painted again after it was painted red once, the paint job looked really bad. The same guy that did the rockers and cab corners put new corners on the bed and painted it the first time. I don't have pics of the new job yet.

I got my license at the end of summer / beginning of school year. Within the last couple of months, I have bought a radio, 285/75/16 Duratrac's, put overload springs on it, new headlights, led almost everything, aftermarket reverse lights, TBI spacer, injector pod spacer, Edelbrook air cleaner top, K&N filter, with summit racing base (cost about $30 all together lol), new steering gear, Jeep steering shaft, all new tie rod ends, new drag link, pitman arm, idler arm assembly. Just about anything you can name has been replaced under the hood.

Here are pics of how it sits now. It needs another trans rebuild (only has 12,000 miles on it). As of a few weeks ago, I have been daily driving my 95 because the trans lost 3rd, 4th, and 2nd is slipping.

Pics of how it sits. The new bed is going on and a new trans will be in within the next couple weeks.

With the bed off...

There is a lot of stuff left out lol, but there is a lot of stuff left that I want to do to it to! Hope you guys enjoy, if you guys have any questions, just ask!