"Chevrolet" tail gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if those tail gates that say "Chevrolet" in the middle of them are painted on or they're a glued on decal.
I'm talking about the ones that are a white rectangle with Chevrolet on the middle. If they are a decal where can I get one? I frikkin love em.

Lol wish I had a picture of one

Reaction score
Yeah sorry.... Should have looked harder. There's a thread about this already. Again sorry guys. Been up way too long

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The W/T's just had decales. The others had an actual stamped metal piece.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Oh ok. I want that stamped metal piece so bad. Any idea where I can get my hands on one?

I'm not sure if LMC reproduces them or not, but it'd be worth a shot to check with them. Your other option would be to search a junkyard, but those tailgate banners are few and far between in good shape. If you find one that's not dented, but faded, grab it. It won't be to much of a chore to repaint the letters.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
LMC has them but they're something like $300 or better. Your only hope is to find a tailgate with a good one and paint the tailgate around the banner to match your truck. They're extremely hard to remove and put on another truck (yes, I've tried).They're not worth the hassle IMO.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't get the repo ones. Most are made in China are they are sh*t! I have one on my truck and it's never worked right from day one.

Sent from my iPhone

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I was lucky and my grandpa ordered the truck with one...
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
it's a photoshop. didn't feel like digging for the original.